Rockwood Community Partners in Prevention (CPiP) is sponsoring the free online screening of the prevention film "Don't Wait" from Feb. 1 through March 2.
The film, produced by the St. Louis-based nonprofit Addiction Is Real, was created to provide parents with the knowledge and empowerment they need to immediately start implementing drug prevention in their home.
Through interviews with parents, drug prevention experts, and one brave mother sharing her son’s story, "Don't Wait" offers insights on:
- Why it’s essential to talk to your kids early and often about the dangers of drugs and alcohol
- How to best approach these conversations based on your child’s age
- How and why 90 percent of addiction develops during the teenage years
- Proactive measures you can take to prepare and protect your children from addiction
- What to do if you spot signs of drug and alcohol use in your child