When we experience inclement weather, the Rockwood School District is focused on safety. Check out this list of reminders that could help our families prepare for school snow days.
- Parents, please review the information listed as emergency contacts and make sure that the numbers are up-to-date - either through Infinite Campus or with your building registrar.
- Elementary families, be sure the instructions on the emergency dismissal form are current. Let your school principal know these important details for your family.
- Important: If school is closed early due to the arrival of inclement weather, please make plans ahead of time and communicate them with your children. That way they will understand what to expect if the school needs to dismiss early due to inclement weather.
As the temperature falls and winter approaches, Rockwood wants to ensure our parents are informed in case we need to cancel school. Please review these channels that we'll use to communicate closing information with our families.
- Rockwood website: School closings are announced on the district website as soon as the decision is made.
- Rockwood Superintendent: Dr. Knost will send a voicemail message, an email and text message to all parents informing them of the decision.
- Rockwood Mobile App: Families and community members may download the district app to receive all notifications of school closings.
- Media and Social Media: Accurate information about district school closings will be shared via Rockwood's social media accounts - Facebook and Twitter - as well as on radio and television stations.